Sweet Potato Falafel Wrap
Serves: 4 people
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ Cup cooked quinoa
- 1 whole egg
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut flour
- 12-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion, large, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander, toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted (use a dry pan to toast your spices until they are fragrant, but not burnt)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 cup white sesame seeds, toasted
- 4-8 Spears romaine lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast the sweet potatoes whole with a touch of olive oil and wrapped in foil.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, in a saute pan, cook the onions until translucent and add the garlic, stirring for two minutes and remove from the heat.
- Drain chickpeas and place in a food processor until the mixture is smooth.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, you may mash them, leaving the skins on.
- Combine all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Allow the falafel batter to cool and rest for four hours under refrigeration.
- Once cool, scoop the mixture into two-ounce balls and pan sear in extra virgin olive oil.
- ½ Cup tahini paste
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 Tablespoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place tahini and hot water in a mixing bowl and stir until the water and tahini come together. This can take a couple of minutes. If after five minutes, the mixture is still broken, add one tablespoon of ice water and mix well.
- Once well incorporated, combine the remaining ingredients.
Fermented Red Onion Sauce
- ¼ Cup white vinegar
- ¼ Red wine vinegar
- ¼ Cup red onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons oregano, chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flake
- ½ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Place chopped red onion in a clean, air-tight container with the white vinegar and leave under refrigeration for at least two days or up to five.
- Drain the vinegar from the red onion and combine the remaining ingredients.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Store covered under refrigeration.
Cook your Organic Rise & Puff Tortilla for 60 seconds in a pan. Place three Sweet Potato Falafels inside with Tahini Sauce, Red Onion Sauce and Romaine Spears. Enjoy hot!