Cruciferous California Tacos
The Cruciferous California is a taco-like tribute to seasonal brassicas like broccoli and Brussels sprouts. Shaved vegetables, creamy carrot-miso hummus, and a swoosh of yogurt provide layers of flavor and texture. It’s a nicely-balanced snack or meal packed with healthy fats, protein and plenty of greens!
Serves: 4 people
- 1 pound carrots with tops, cut into large chunks
- 4 oz chickpeas, canned or canned or cooked from dried from dried
- 2 oz tahini paste
- 1 oz white miso paste
- 1 oz lemon juice
- ¼ yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
Blend all these ingredients together with a food processor or blender with a food processor or blender until the spread is creamy. Set aside in the fridge to chill while you assemble the tostada topping. Store leftover hummus in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Tostadas + Toppings
- 4 Rise & Puff Organic Tortillas
- 8 cilantro sprigs, chopped fine
- 1 avocado, sliced into 8 slices
- Whole yogurt, to taste
- 1 head broccoli, steamed and thinly sliced
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, shredded raw
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon salt
- Piment d'Espelette
Spread the hummus and yogurt onto a heated tortilla and layer your broccoli and brussels sprouts on top. Top with avocado, Piment d'Espelette, and cilantro to finish.