Duck Egg Breakfast Tortilla
When your friends offer you fresh eggs from their personal flock - say yes! Chickens raised on pasture and fed a diverse, organic diet lay the most delicious and nutritious eggs. This dish is inspired by Spring flavors and can be enjoyed any time of the day. At the bottom is a spread of house - made yogurt, freshly picked herbs, spring onion and fennel, drizzled with habanero olive oil from Harley Farms and a pinch of espelette.
Serves: 1 person
- 1 Rise & Puff Original Tortilla
- ¼ Cup House - made Yogurt (see below)
- 1 Pasture Raised Duck Egg from a Good Friend
- Spring Onion
- Harley Farms Olive Oil
House-made Yogurt Recipe:
- 2 Cups very fresh Milk
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 T Starter Yogurt (for the live cultures)
- Bring the milk and cream to a simmer between 180 and 200 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally.
- Place the pot over some iced water and stir to cool to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup of the warm liquid and the yogurt until fully incorporated.
- Combine the mixture together once more.
- Cover the pot with a lid and place it on top of your refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Store under refrigeration, the yogurt will become thicker as it cools.
Combine all the ingredients on a fresh Rise & Puff tortilla, and enjoy your creation!