Breakfast Burrito con Salsa Roja
Written by our Executive Chef
Serves: 4 people (sauce makes 4 cups)
- 8 Large Pasture Raised Eggs
- 4 Large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 Cup yellow onion, diced small
- 4 Dried guajillo chilis, stems and seeds removed, rehydrated in hot water for two hours
- 3 Tablespoons Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Radish, sliced thin
- Toasted pepitas
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dice the Yukon gold potatoes into medium sized chunks and roast them with a pinch of salt and extra virgin olive oil until they are tender. This may take about 20 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pot, sauté together the yellow onion and bay leaf in extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the onions are translucent and tender, add the garlic, guajillo chilis, spices and sauté for five minutes.
- Add tomato juice, bring the sauce to a simmer for ten minutes and remove from the heat.
- Remove the bay leaves and the cinnamon stick, season with salt to taste and blend until smooth.
- Scramble eggs and add the desired amount of sauce. Add garnishes of your choice.
- Scramble eggs and add the desired amount of sauce.
- Add potatoes and garnishes of your choice.
- Cook your Rise & Puff tortillas to enjoy as a burrito or taco.