Mojo de Ajo
The beautiful thing about this Cuban recipe is how versatile it can be. When I say this – what I mean is that it can be used as a sauce to marinate shrimp, beef, chicken or vegetables. Sky is the limit with this one!
Makes 24 Servings
- 1 Can chipotle chilis in adobo
- 1 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Cups chopped garlic
- 6 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2/3 teaspoons salt
- Remove the chilis from the can and remove the stems
- Slice or dice the chilis small
- In a large pan, heat up the extra virgin olive oil and add the chilis and garlic. Simmer for
- 5 minutes or until the garlic is golden and remove from the heat.
- Stir in lime juice and salt. Allow the salsa to cool to room temperature.
- Store covered and under refrigeration.