Vegan Rajas Poblanas
Written by our Executive Chef
This recipe is another one that can be very easily manipulated to include chicken, pork, beef or additional vegetables!
Serves: 4 people
- 1/2 Cup cashews, soaked in water overnight, under refrigeration
- 1.5 Cup Vegetable stock
- 6 Poblano Chilis
- 1 White onion, sliced thin
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- Three ears of corn, removed from the cobb
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- Salt to taste
- Juice from one lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Roast your chilis with the skins over an open flame until they are charred.
- Place them in a bowl and cover with a lid for 10 minutes, allowing the skins to sweat and be easily removed from the flesh of the chili.
- After 10 minutes, remove the chilis and use a towel to remove most of the char, stems and seeds. Leaving a little bit of char is acceptable.
- Slice the chilis into strips and set them aside.
- Drain the cashews and place them into a blender with vegetable stock, salt and lemon juice. Puree until smooth.
- In a saute pan, heat up the extra virgin olive oil and add the sliced white onion, garlic, chilis, cumin and corn. Saute for 3-5 minutes or until the onion is tender but not caramelized.
- Add the cashew cream and stir to combine.
- Cook your Rise & Puff tortillas and fill them with the Rajas Poblanas – enjoy hot!